Director's Innovation Initiative
The Director's Innovation Initiative provides a risk-tolerant environment to invest across
the United States in cutting edge technologies and high payoff concepts relevant to the
NRO's mission of Innovative Overhead Intelligence Systems for National Security.
- Provide continuous access to revolutionary concepts and ideas
- Provide access to non-traditional developers of NRO technology and broaden the developer base
- Establish a risk tolerant environment for conducting potentially high payoff projects
- Reach out to a broad range of potential offerors
- UNCLASSIFIED solicitation via Federal Business Opportunities
- Open to industry, academia and US Government sources
- Seek a wide range of ideas
- Areas of Interest reflect the NRO Strategic Goals
- Most innovative ideas are funded -- no quotas for any given area
- Prove feasibility of key concepts
- Fund many ideas by limiting project funding and duration
- Goal is 10 – 15% of completed projects developed further
Click here for more information on the visit the Director's Innovation Initiative (link opens in a new window).
Click here to learn more about contracting opportunities with the NRO.