How Does the OIG Contribute to the NRO Mission?
The OIG contributes by:
- Offering analysis and advice on critical government-wide initiatives, such as computer security, program performance, workforce planning, and financial management.
- Looking independently at problems and recommend solutions.
- Issuing factual reports based on professional auditing, investigative, and evaluation standards.
- Investigating fraud, misuse of funds, and other violations of laws and regulations.
- Providing technical and consultative advice as the agency develops new plans.
- Maintaining a hotline for reporting confidential information on fraud and abuse.